2. Front Door – The front door of your home is often the focal point for people when approaching your home. Make sure when someone is approaching that you aren’t giving them a reason to judge you based on its appearance. A lot of people forget that their front door gets dirty from being outdoors so it’s always a good idea to make sure it’s getting wiped down as often as you clean your home. If your front door has peeling or cracked paint then you may want to consider a fresh coat of paint to help with the appearance but don’t go too bold as this can cause people to focus too much on this one item without seeing the big picture (the entire home).
3. Windows– Can you see out? If not, then it may be time to consider giving them a good scrub. You should consider washing your windows inside and out at least once a season and more often if you live near the beach as the salt area can really start to build up over time. The longer you allow the salt air and dirt to accumulate, the harder and more expensive it may be to remove it.
4. Driveway -Do cracks and stains have control of your driveway. If so, then you may consider having someone completely resurface the area or if you have the expertise then you make try doing the patches yourself with concrete mix or the caulk like tubes (for small cracks). Home improvement stores have plenty of options for helping to remove any oil stains. By addressing cracks and stains, it could really help add to your homes appearance.
5. Garage– This is the other major focal point of your home and should be up kept like the rest of your home. By this I mean, is your garage door clean? Should it be replaced? Taking a water hose and washing the garage door when you wash your windows is usually a good idea as it can built up grim just like your windows. If your garage is chipping paint then consider putting on fresh coat. If you feel that the garage door needs to be replaced, then you are probably looking at a cost of around $1500. Remember, this can make a huge difference in the appearance of your home
6. Lighting – Having lighting at night helps give your property a warm glow that makes it more inviting. This can be accomplished by doing a few things. If you already have outdoor lighting then make sure that all the lights are turning on and that the lights are aimed in the right areas to help accentuate your landscaping and the pathway to the door. You may also have the lights on a timer so that you don’t have to worry about turning them on or off. If your home isn’t wired for outdoor lighting then adding solar lights can give you the same affect for small percentage of the cost.
Are you looking to sell your Huntington Beach home or are you looking for a Huntington Beach home to call your own? I’m a local real estate agent and would love to show you around, so please contact me today.