Interviewing a realtor to sell your home is one of the most important interviews of your life. In this video, we discuss how to interview a real estate agent, the questions to ask realtor selling your home and also touch on how many realtors should you interview.
Subscribe for More Real Estate Tips and Real Estate Information – https://goo.gl/NZB1S6
How to interview a realtor when selling a home
Interviewing realtors is the most important part of selling your home and asking the right questions is as important as the person sitting in front of you. You want to make sure that you are not only hiring a realtor that understands the real estate market but also an agent that has the experience and the marketing know how to help put your home in front of the right buyers.
What to ask a realtor when selling a house?
1. What is my home worth? (have them show you how they came up with the value)
2. What are you going to do to market my home?
3. How long is it going to take to sell my home?
In my experience, those are 3 questions (or a variation of) that every seller wants to know and should be asked but in addition, the seller should also be asking;
1. Do you do Real Estate full time or do you have another job?
2. How long have you been in the business? How long have you been licensed?
3. How many homes did you sell last year?
4. Are you familiar with my neighborhood? Schools? Ask questions they would need to know the area to be able to answer
5. What sets you apart from your competition?
6. Can you provide me names/numbers for the last 3 houses you’ve sold?
7. Who will I be talking to when I call to ask questions or get an update?
8. How do you plan on keeping me in the loop through the process?
I could keep going with questions but you get the idea. You want to make sure you are hiring a full time professional Realtor, someone that not only knows the business but understands the current market and how to set you up for success and isn’t just going along with what you say to get the listing.
Selling a home is more than just putting a real estate sign in the yard and putting it on the mls. You want to hire a real estate agent who is leaving no stone unturned by doing marketing through all channels like Social Media, Print in addition to TV advertising. Someone that is giving you advice to help you maximize the exposure.
How many realtors should you interview?
This is a hard question to answer but I believe you should always interview at least 2 real estate agents just to give you some comparison on price and what they are offering with regards to marketing and experience.
If you only interview 1 real estate agent then you don’t have any comparison and will always second guess your decision if something isn’t going how you think it should go. It’s important to trust your real estate agent and by interviewing multiple realtors and seeing how each does business, it will give you more confidence in that decision.
Are you in the process of selling your home and looking to interview realtors? I’d love the opportunity to interview for the job. If you have questions, please comment below or contact me directly.
Thank you for watching.
Connect with me: