What does it take to get Top Dollar for Homes in Huntington Beach? In today’s market, Sellers are truly in control of the Huntington Beach Real Estate Market but in order to get Top Dollar, they need to make sure they follow these top 5 Essential Tips for Selling Your Huntington Beach Home for Top Dollar.
5 Essential Tips for Selling Your Huntington Beach Home for Top Dollar
- It’s important to start the process with realistic expectations. You should start this process by speaking to a Professional Realtor in your area that can give you a realistic value of what your home is worth by providing your with closed data. They should be able to provide you with an estimated closing statement telling you exactly how much you would expect to walk away with if your hold sold for “x”. From there it would probably be a good idea to speak to an accountant to address any potential tax consequences you may have from selling your home. Your Realtor should also be able to discuss average days on the market for your area and give you an idea of how long the process will take once an offer has been received. While this timeline is just an estimate, it helps all parties just set proper expectations from the start. Going into the process having the proper expectations helps avoid any confusion and helps you relax during what could be a stressful time.
- Price your home correctly from the start. Sellers are often misguided that they can price their home much higher than comparable homes in the area because of low inventory. While there may be some validity to this statement in some areas, the best strategy is to price accordingly to what your neighbors have sold for and be able to justify the reason you priced higher than the other comparable homes. By not pricing your home correctly from the start, you risk sitting on the market longer. Homes that sit on the market in our current market are often looked at in a negative way even if there is nothing wrong with the home. These homes often sell for less than they would have if it were priced correctly from the start. A well priced home will usually fly off the market with multiple offers.
- It’s often a great idea to have a Professional Stager come in and evaluate your home prior to listing it for sale. Most Sellers are aware that too much furniture can be a bad thing but the same is also true for not having enough furniture or having a room set up in a way that it doesn’t utilize the space in the best possible way. While some buyers are able to visualize certain items being moving around, the majority of Buyers don’t have this ability. As a Huntington Beach Realtor who provides this service for his clients free of charge, it’s really a no-brainer.
- Make a list of items that you have been meaning to address and hire a professional contractor or handyman to tackle that list. As homeowners, we often have an ongoing list of items that we want to complete (repairs, upgrades, etc…) and most Buyers will want those same items addressed. It’s a good idea to have these complete before listing your home as the first few weeks of listing your home is generally the busiest time and when the most prospective buyers are going to view your home and waiting to do them could end up costing you more money than you would have saved by not addressing them from the start. Remember, people buy emotionally and justify logically so having it grab them on the 1st showing is critical to getting top dollar.
- Hire a Professional Huntington Beach Realtor. This is probably the most important thing you can do as a Seller to get your home sold for the most amount of money in the quickest amount of time. This is often overlooked as a lot of Sellers think that all Realtors are equal and that couldn’t be farther from the truth. Make sure your Realtor not only know your neighborhood but knows the market in general. Also make sure that your Realtor is an expert negotiator as there is a lot more that gets negotiated when buying and selling a home than any other transaction that comes to mind.
Are you considering Selling Your Huntington Beach Home?
As you know the Huntington Beach Real Estate Market is on fire due to low inventory and high buyer demand. If you are considering selling your home and would like to know more about our current market conditions, please visit my latest Huntington Beach Real Estate Market Update or contact me directly.